I hate to diss a great company.Fleetwood has a beautiful product line.
However, we went to look at the 2012's that had just arrived in Hammond, LA this past weekend. We were planning to buy a Mercedes Diesel chassis Tioga Ranger DSL. The door knobs were falling off, the paneling was buckled, the motorhome shimmied and swayed down the road. It was just not a quality finished product.
So, we looked at a Fleetwood Tioga gas 31M and fell in love. It seemed to have been assembled much better and the drive was GREAT. It had 1025 miles on it when we left the dealership and were headed back to Arkansas, when the engine started making a God-awful knocking sound and we were stranded between Arkansas and Louisiana. We had driven our car and had a friend with us.
So, after spending almost $100K on a new Fleetwood Class C, we went back to Arkansas empty-handed. The FORD V10 Triton had bought it and the motorhome had to be towed to Mississippi to the closest Ford Warranty service center. Talk about a nightmare!! We try to buy AMERICAN MADE products.
We want to help get our country going again. HOW can AMERICANS afford to buy AMERICAN when the quality of workmanship is SO ROTTEN. FORD should have taken some of that stimulus package and used it for product development. Our FORD engine is going to have to be pulled because there was no fault code, no check engine light on when this happened.
It has the technicians baffled. The only thing they can do is tear into the thing and try to find the problem. Now, if the engine is severely damaged, Ford will RE_BUILD the engine under warranty. Just what we all want!!!
A brand New Motor home with a RE_BUILT FORD engine. Thanks FORD. THANKS FLEETWOOD !!! OHHHHHH, I would like to add that when they lifted the motor home up to tow it, 35 gallons of water poured out.
The water tank had a HUGE leak !!
THIS is another FLEETWOOD piece of ***.THEY need to fire their QUALITY DEPARTMENT !!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Tioga 31M
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "On November 4, 2012 while driving down the road, my engine stopped running and my 2008 Nissan Versa. My engine was on fire and burned the engine compartment completely. My..."
- "Direct Buy Warranty is a scam. I am confused how this company has been able to rip people off for so long and get away with it, is New Jersey..."
- "Such shoddy materials. Bottles breaks simply by opening them . They leak all over everything . I lost nine bottles of liquid while traveling because they leaked. It is ***...."
- "Th battdepot guys are horrible at keeping in touch. They also make us spend money to try their sorry batteries. They have pissed me off so much i don't even..."
- "I ordered my husband and my ring from here... My ring has arrived but my husbands has not... Yes i only paid $129 for my ring but it looks like..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "Crook, Money Hungry, Delusional, Crazy and Ill Hearted Dentist. Long Track of Horrible Scam Records Ruthlessly Ripping Numerous Patients for Multiple Tens of Thousands of Dollars. Revoked License and Penalized..."
- "Be careful buying things of offer up!! Just moved into my NEW apartment and I bought a sectional couch, came with a chair... I wondered why the price was so..."